Saturday, March 21, 2009

Uh-oh

Today Hannah realized that she can open the refrigerator by herself. This is a big time UH-OH for me. She already loves to just stand with the refrig door open and look at all the food she can eat. Then she'll pull something out, like pasta sauce, and want to eat it. Or she'll pull out yogurt, so I"ll get it out for her, and then she will change her mind and not want to eat it. Now she'll be able to do that whenever she wants. I guess this means I better start using the kitchen gate again.

Her favorite item to try and get out of the frig is cheese (no surprise). I have now moved all the cheese to the back of the top shelf, the only place she can't reach. I guess the good news from this, is that now she can kinda say cheese...the bad news is that she says it all the time.

Although, I must admit, it is nice for her to be able to grab her milk anytime she wants. Or even just to let me know what kind of food she would like to eat. She pulled out the pasta several times today and now it is gone. That's an easy way to get rid of leftovers. So I guessnow I just need to teach her how to put things back in the frig...and I need to make sure she realizes that it is VERY important to close the frig when she is done. We'll see how that goes...

1 comment:

Swannee said...

yikes! Caleb hasn't quite figured it out yet, although he tries. He & Daniel love to leave toy "guys" in the fridge, though (Daniel opens it for this activity).