Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Swimming

Jen and I have been swimming most every Monday night for the past couple of months and it has been great. There is a exercise facility with a pool in Caleb's building so about 6:15 or so I head over there with Hannah. I stay to swimming, and he comes home with her. It works out pretty well. And in the fall when I was working, I would just swing by on my way home form Iris's place. Caleb would take the car (& Hannah) home and I would stay and swim. Anyhow, I've really enjoyed it.

Last Monday in the locker room, some random gal was like, "I'm so impressed that you are swimming. It's hard enough to get to the gym when you aren't pregnant." I said thanks. But as I was thinking about it, I have a couple things going for me that it alot easier.

1. Jen - there are so many monday's when I just don't feel like going, but since I'm meeting Jen, I really should go. And lo and behold, I always enjoy it.

2. I'm a Stay At Home Mom, thus it's really nice to get out. I mean, Hannah and I go out alot during the day, but it's nice to have some "me time." And swimming is great for that because you can't really hear anything and you can just think, sing to yourself, or whatever.

3. I love to swim. There is just something great about gliding through the water. And then you get out and you feel all refreshed: tired, but not sweaty and gross...and then you also smell like chlorine (that might not be a plus for everyone).

4. Caleb has a pool in his building and it is in walking distance (and driving distance :-D) of where we live. This obviously make it 50 billions times easier to coordinate with him and to get there.

That all said, getting out of the house to go exercise isn't easy...but I have a whole bunch of things going for me which makes it a whole heck of alot easier.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I totally agree with you that being a stay at home mom makes it easier to exercise just because it's a reason to get out and do something by yourself. I have been going to the gym once or twice a week for the last few weeks, and I'm getting to where I really like going (it was really hard to make myself go at first, though).

Elizabeth said...

Fun. I am excited to join our new Y when it opens and be able to go swimming. I think it's even better when you are pregnant because it is an excersize that is not hard on the body and you can float - which is nice when most of the time you just feel large ;)