Monday, March 2, 2009

Mommy's little helper

Hannah loves to help out. She likes the idea that she is doing "big kid" tasks. I see this all the time when I'm working with Iris and even when I'm at home.

Last night Caleb and I made a taco dinner for our floor. (Side note: Tacos are a great dinner to make for a large group because most of the topping you can buy already sliced or chopped, all you have to do is fry up the meat and add seasonings.) Anyhow, I had everything on the table ready to go out to the lounge and Caleb had this great idea to have Hannah help cart stuff out in her rolly basket. Here's a picture of her with the drinks.


Caleb even taught her to pick up the basket to get over the door threshold.


She took out several baskets full of food, and also helped bring food back to our place. And while we were in the lounge, she rolled her "drink cart" around the room so that different people could fill up their beverages. I guess it's never too early to start helping out around the house. :-D

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Awesome! Train her in the way of being a good hostess from the very start ;)