Thursday, March 12, 2009

Caleb's Great Idea

In my mind, Caleb is notorious for coming up with crazy ideas. Sometimes the ideas are great, and other times they are just...crazy. Tonight I made a giant Turkey for our floor (yet an example of one of Caleb's ideas). As a side note: I bought a 19.5 lb turkey and I only have 2 small tuperwares of Turkey as left overs...and the 5 lbs of mashed potatos were gone in minutes. It was a super busy week for our students and they really enjoyed it.

Anyhow, as I was making the stuffing I bent down to get an onion and decided it was a waste of energy and unnecessary pressure on my feet to bend over again to peal the skin off the onion so I just sat on the floor in the kitchen by the garbage. Caleb looked over from his computer and said, "do you know what you need?"

"A stool to sit on."

"No, a harness. That way you can just bounce around the kitchen to get what you need." So the idea is kind of like that of those kid jumpers that you hang from the doorway, except you have a track in the ceiling so you can slide from one end of the kitchen to the other...then when you get there, you can just sit in your harness and do whatever it is you need to get done. Obviously right now this doesn't make sense for us because our kitchen is so small, but someday...who knows.

So I guess for now, I will just hope in our new place I can get a stool...and maybe one with wheels. I think both Hannah and I would have fun with that. :-D

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Kendra, I laughed so hard that I am crying, thinking of you bouncing around with a pregnant belly trying to peel onions in the kitchen while wearing a harness. I'm still laughing!