Thursday, February 4, 2010

skiing

This last weekend Caleb and I went up skiing. We drove up to the cabin on Saturday afternoon and returned on Monday (Caleb took monday off). On Sunday Caleb's cousin's skied, and on Monday Caleb and I skied while they hung out with the kiddos. Since we went up on a monday, the mountain we pretty empty. We skied straight into line. Also, Rachel loaned me her snowboard, so I snowboarded for part of the day and skied for part of the day. And let me tell you, I was looking pretty good on the snowboard (almost as good as Caleb on the skis)...that is until I totally fell on my butt on the really hard snow. From that point on, it hurt just to sit on the chair lift, so I switched to skiing. But it's nice to know that I can still make it down blue squares without too much trouble.

So the skiing was great, but so was getting out of the house and hanging out with my husband. Now that Caleb has a more defined schedule, I feel that it is more necessary to find time for just the two of us to hang out. In grad school it was really easy for him to take a random day off or to work from home. But now that he has a real job (hope I didn't offend any grad students here, but you know it's true... :-p), his days aren't as flexible, so it's just nice to have time to hang out.

And what trip would be complete without games! So of course in the evenings we played games. Actually, I think we had the closest scoring game of Agricola that I've seen: 46, 45, 44 for the top three scores. It was fun. As a side note: it's always nice to play games with new people because you discover new rules...or rules that you had mis-interpreted...or rules that your brother-in-law made up (OK, just kidding with you Titus. :-P) But we did discover a mis-interpreted rule to Agricola...

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Is this the rule of the sheep? It is funny because the reason Titus misinterpets the rules is because the rest of are too lazy to look at the rule book so whenever he authoritively states his opinion we just take it for fact :)
Sounds like you guys had alot of fun. So glad!

Kendra said...

It's the rule with all the live stock, I think. I never actually read the rules, thus proving your point. That's why it is nice to play with other people...so they can read the rules and provide a new interpretation. :-D

Lauren said...

That's awesome that you and Caleb made a point to spend some time together. It's something we should do more often.