Monday, February 8, 2010

Cookbooks

I am in the market for a new cookbook. Does anybody have a recommendation? I really like my Betty Crocker one because there are nice pictures and most of the recipes are really tasty and don't take too long. But I've tried most of the recipes that sound good. So I'm looking for a cookbook that has nice pictures, recipes that aren't too complex or take too long, but are still tasty. Mind you, there doesn't have to be a picture for every recipe, just enough to inspire me to make something. So let me know which cookbooks you really like!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I've never made anything bad from The Joy of Cooking, but it doesn't have any pictures.

I tend to refer to cooking websites more than the 2 dozen cookbooks I have: cookinglight.com, foodnetwork.com, williamssonoma.com, tastykitchen.com, pioneerwoman.com. Several of those are good because if I have a particular ingredient I want to use (let's say cabbage), or if I want to find all the recipes for scones or something, I can just type it in and it'll give me all the recipes that apply.

Also, I get some inspiration by reading food magazines. Because their material cycles every month, there's always something new and interesting. I like Cooking Light the best--they have the best balance of food I like/budget friendly/generally healthy/recipes that don't take too much time/not too many weird or expensive ingredients.

Unknown said...

I really like the "More With Less" cookbook that has been out since the 70s...it's by Mennonites and is chock-full of healthy, ethnic, and tasty dishes...try the Honey Baked Chicken...my favorite!!