Sunday, April 5, 2009

Super Yummies

Last night we had Benesh's over to play games. But before we played games and after we put the kiddos to bed, we made super yummy dessert crepes. The crepes were actually normal, but we made super yummy chocolate sauce and sliced up berries for the toppings. It was excellent. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures, but I thought I would post the recipe since it was sooo yummy.

makes about 10 crepes
2 eggs
3/4 c flour
1/4 t salt
1 T sugar
3 t cocoa, unsweetened
1 c whole milk
2 T butter, melted
1.5 t Chambord raspberry liquor (we didn't use this)
1/4 c heavy cream
1/2 t almond extract (we didn't use this either b/c we didn't have it)
Blend in a blender until smooth. Refrigerate batter while making the chocolate sauce

Chocolate sauce (super, super yummy!)
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c evaporated milk
1/4 c butter
1/2 t vanilla (add later)
Melt first 4 ingredients together. Add vanilla, and remove from heat.

This chocolate sauce is really good because it's not super sweet...and thus goes really well with berries and other fruits that are pretty sweet.

I guess while I'm writing recipes - Hannah and I have been enjoying strawberry smoothies lately. I found this really easy recipe on the back of a lemonade carton.

1 cup strawberries
1 c vanilla yogurt
1 c lemonade (or limade)
1 banana
2-4 cubes of ice
Blend all ingredients together.

This recipe is nice because the smoothie isn't super thick, thus allowing us to use normal straws to drink it. And, as I said earlier, it is a really easy recipe.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh man. Those crepes did my diet in. They were sooo good!

Swannee said...

Thanks for the recipes--can't wait to try them. I love crepes.