Thursday, April 23, 2009

My New Bag

Last week at Mom 2 Mom instead of having a talk, we did a craft. The craft was making a bag out of plastic bags. First we ironed plastic together to make a "sheet of (hard) fabric." Then we stabled the sides together, folded up the corners to give the bag shape. And lastly we turned it inside out and added handles. Here's what my bag looks like:

I mainly used newspaper bags, and then I reinforced them with boring white bags. We also duct taped the inside to make them alittle stronger.


Here's Hannah modeling it.

Hannah loves bags and loves to stuff all her possessions into bags and carry them around the house. She took to this bag right away.

I now use this bag pretty much everywhere I go. It is a good size to fit all my stuff, plus a couple extra diapers and snacks. It also has a wide opening so I find most everything in there.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

pretty nifty!

Swannee said...

Love the bag! Neat idea--I'm not sure I understand exactly, but I'm all for reusing/reducing plastic bags.