Thursday, April 2, 2009

Knitting

Last fall some GRT's in my building organized a knitting group. And I thought, sure what the heck? I know how to knit (thanks to the Kelso/Oyler block in 6th grade), but I can pretty much only make scarves. I figured this would be a great opportunity to learn from people who know more than I do. So I found a pattern for a children's sweater (there is no way I would have the endurance to make a big person sweater!)

So we've been knitting since the fall on every other Wed, and it's been fun. Not only am I learning how to read patterns and do fancy stuff (like cast off, and add stitches), it also allows me some time to have big people conversations. :-D

Anyhow, here is what I have so far. This is the front of the sweater.


This is the back of the sweater.


And this is the sleeve I've started.

Right now I"m kind of in crunch time because I need to finish all the knitting before we leave, so I can ask Jen how to sow it all together. Jen is pretty much the source of all knitting knowledge. She has made some pretty intense sweaters, vests, socks, hats. You name it, she's made it and it looks cool...like something you would actually wear, or pay big money for.

So what I have left to do is the rest of this sleeve, another sleeve, and then the neck part. Hopefully I'll be able to post a picture of Hannah wearing it before May 17! (or June 6)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Way to go Kenra! I can't wait to see it on little Hannah. How cute!

Lauren said...

OH MY GOSH! You rock! You can totally finish it before you leave.