Thursday, April 9, 2009

Playgrounds ROCK!!

So today I'm not feeling the greatest. I've been having trouble sleeping the past couple of nights, so I'm alittle low on energy. So today, after we returned from the grocery store I just felt like sitting. The only problem was that it was only 11:00, 3 hours from nap time....and today is beautiful out for the first time in a long time. So after a short 8 minute power nap (and some encouragement from my husband), I got up the energy to walk to the westgate playground. Not a far walk, but far enough that I took it slow. Luckily I was able to convince Hannah that if she rode in the stroller, we would get to the playground faster (I'm so glad she is at the age now where I can sometimes reason with her).

That was my smartest decision of the day (thus far). Hannah played in the sand box, pushed Ug around in the doll stroller, played in the littletikes car, etc, etc. I just sat in the sun and watched (and checked my email a bit). I was able to move my chair around to whatever part of the play ground she was at, and most of the time I was in the sun!! I was only planning to stay for an hour, but one turned into two. What a great way to spend our morning. Hannah running off energy, and me catching some Vitamin D.

4 comments:

Levi said...

I agree, YAY for parks and playgrounds and rest for weary pregnant mammas!

Levi said...

Oh, I that was actually a comment from Elizabeth(Me) I realized Levi is logged onto blogger ;)

Swannee said...

that's great that she played so independently. I know there are probably times that she needs you to be RIGHT THERE next to her! Glad the park was so interesting and fun.

Lauren said...

Nifty!
And Happy Birthday to Hannah today!