Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Life with a 3 year old

Here's our conversation from about 5 minutes ago (1pm).

K: Mommy needs to change out of her PJ's
H: We going to City Kids? (that's church)
K: No
H: Where are we going?
K: We're not going anywhere today.
H: Why mommy need to change?
K: (Pause) Good question
H: I go change too. Baby Pete change too. (I forget exactly how Hannah stated it, but she also said that because we aren't going anywhere she didn't need to wear matching clothes. So she picked out her white pants with pink and red flowers and her white shirt with blue snowflakes).

So I guess the big accomplishment for today (since we obviously didn't accomplish getting dressed before noon) is that I beat my daughter in a battle of wills. She asked for some food last night and then didn't eat any of it. So I told her if she didn't eat it at night, she could eat it for breakfast in the morning. Well, she didn't break down and eat her food until after 11:30. That's 16 hours without food. That's a world record for Hannah. Normally she's asking for food every 30 minutes - I mean, it's healthy food, like oranges, bananas, bread, raisens - but still, it's like she's a bottomless pit when it comes to food. I guess since she super active it makes sense. So 16 hours is a long time for her. Which I guess just goes to show that we have one stubborn daughter on our hands (as if we already didn't know that). "Lucky" for us we have 2 parents that are even more stubborn. At least we know where she gets it from.

****

Every once in a while I'm overcome by how cute and cuddly Peter is. So I'll hold him and tell him how much I love him. Today is no different. I was holding him and I said, "Peter, I love you so much." Hannah heard me and said, "I love Peter so much too." How cute is that!


2 comments:

Lauren said...

Those are funny stories! Glad you wrote them down somewhere!

Laura said...

Ha ha i love it. I totally agree w/ hannah, if not leaving the house, what is the need to change? :) well, maybe into slightly more acceptable yoga pants instead of pj pants. you sure have some cute kiddos Kendra.