Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day weekend

Last weekend we went to Alderbrook Resort on Hood Canal. Caleb's work had an offsite retreat and then we came and joined him for an extra night. The weather was gorgeous and we had a great time. We also got to ride the ferry...a highlight for Hannah (and me too...I love ferries).

Here's a picture of the resort from a hike/walk we took.


Here are some pictures Caleb took Friday night. The Olympic Mountains were out all day Friday and Saturday. Like I said, it was gorgeous!











Another highlight for Hannah was the swimming pool. She loves to "swim" (aka play in the water)


Here's the cute little cottage that we stayed in. It was 2 bedrooms, which was nice b/c we didn't have to sleep in the same room as the kids. That's always a plus. :-D


Here are the mountains during the day.


On Saturday morning we went for a hike in Twanoh state park. Hannah got her pants wet walking through some mud so she rolled them up. She walked most of the way, about 2.3 miles.


Here's Peter and I enjoying the hike.


Here's the view of the Olympics from the ferry.


A different ferry passing us by.


The Seattle skyline with the Cascade mountains behind. Like I said, it was a beautiful day. I love it when you can see both the Olympics and the Cascades!



1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh, I am dying. It's so beautiful.