Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Brick

Tonight I did a "brick" workout. A brick is a multi-sport workout - say a swim and a bike, or a bike and a run. Tonight I biked 6.5 miles and then went straight into a 2 mile run. It's different feeling to run straight off the bike because your legs kinda feel like jello. This was my first brick workout and I'm feeling pretty good about it. Not only did I transition well, I also ran the whole 2 miles. This is maybe the second or third time ever that I've run 2 miles straight, so yay me! The triathlon is in 9 days. It has totally crept up on me; especially since the weather around here has been a little drizzly so I haven't been very motivated to exercise. Hopefully sometime this weekend I'll make it over to Lake Sammamish so I can bike the actual course.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Sweet!

Jeanette said...

Wow, very impressive. All the best for the big day -- I can't imagine swimming in Lake Sammamish... brrrr, even in summer!