Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Official

Today I signed up for 2 triathlons...so there's no backing out now. The first one is on June 5 (about 1 month away) and the second one is on July 18. I am also planning on doing one on August 28 with Rebekka and Hugo. I'm still looking for someone to participate with me on the first 2 dates. It's going to be fun. And you get a free T-shirt!! There is also a duathlon (biking and running) on the June 5 one, so there are options. Here's the website: www.issaquahtri.com Like I said, it's going to be fun!!

As for training, I had to take a 2 week break because I was sick, but now I'm back at it. Last week I biked around MI twice and was able to do each ride in about an hour (13.7 mi/hr). I'm feeling pretty good about that. And today, for the first time ever, I ran 2.2 miles! OK, so I walked some of it, but only 331 ft and it was flat...I ran all the hills. Of course, who knows how far I can run after swimming and biking, but we'll find out. I figure for the month of May I'll try to couple some of the sports, like bike and then run, or swim and then bike. I bought a wetsuit on craigslist, so I can start swimming in the lake.

Well, let me know if you want to join...or even if you want to watch...me or the kids. I sure Caleb would appreciate either. :-D

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Woo hoo! Go Kendra!

Elizabeth said...

Go Kendra, Go Kendra! I would join you, maybe. But I still can't swim and my bike is non-operational. Maybe after bloomsday I will fix that. Also, I think that it is a stretch, calling it a "free" tshirt, since you have to pay like $60 to do the race ;)

Kendra said...

Yeah, but there's free food too! :-D