Friday, April 16, 2010

Back in Business

So I've been sick for the past 1.5 weeks (stuffy nose, stuffy head, and at one point an ear ache from a stuffed up ear). Even though I'm not better yet, I feel like I can begin to function again. This means I can start doing normal people things like exercise, clean the house, and even post on my blog. :-D

The bummer about being sick while nursing is that you can't take any drugs to cure the symptoms. I went to the doctor and he couldn't even find me an ear drop that is deemed OK to use while nursing. Finally on Wed I broke down and took some sudafed. Wow, it was amazing!! I mean, I still had a runny nose and my ear was still totally stuffed up (but not hurting) but my head un-stuffed. I could actually hear people and loud noises didn't make me cringe. I took another one Thursday morning and so far, Peter hasn't noticed a difference. This is good. Hopefully this means I'm on the tail end of this sickness and will feel 100% again soon.

Because I've been feeling crummy, I haven't been training. So yesterday (since it was so beautiful and sunny) when Caleb came home from work we went for a Hug family run. I was a little concerned that I might have lost all my endurance, but I ran 1.5 miles (of course during the last half mile I kept telling Caleb "I can't do this" and he kept saying "just alittle farther". But that part can stay in the parentheses. The important part is that I ran 1.5 miles). This is good because running is sometimes hard on your knees and joints, so if you aren't a runner (like me) it takes a while to get your body in running shape. So yay that I haven't lost too much endurance. In other news, Caleb bought me a road bike that's pretty intense. I've ridden it only 3 times (because I've been sick) but it is really fast. I've never owned a road bike so I had no idea that they were that much faster than hybrids. Today looks like it's going to be nice so maybe I'll go for a bike ride.

Anyhow, I hope I still have some blog readers out there. Sorry for the long hiatus, but I should be posting more regularly now. And as soon as I get our camera software loaded, there will be some pictures and videos up. So stay tuned...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I like your theory about parentheses--that anything you put in them should be sort of attended to but mostly not. :)