Sunday, May 17, 2009

40 weeks

Today I am 40 weeks. All along I've been hoping that this baby would come early, but he hasn't. I guess I've always known that he wouldn't. Why would he come early? Apparently my belly is really comfortable...just ask Hannah. She decided to stay there an extra 14 days.

Anyhow, what I've been trying to focus on for the past two weeks (and what I will continue to try an focus on for hopefully less than two more weeks) is patience. Last Sunday God reminded me in a powerful way that His timing is perfect. As much as I think I know, He knows more...alot more. So I've been trying to focus on that this week (with mild amounts of success). His timing with Hannah was so perfect, that I have to believe that His timing with our son will be just as perfect. So what if our son is alittle young to fly...or so what if he comes in the middle of finals week when everything is alittle crazy around here. I just have to trust that God knows what He's doing (as hard as that is). He is big enough and good enough to cover any and all situations that might come up.

So I guess this means I wait...but I wait in confidence knowing that everything will be OK...that it will be better than OK because God knows infinitely more than I do. I hope that in a couple months I will be writing a post that talks about how glad I am that our son was so many days late because of this and that.

1 comment:

kateisfun said...

Good for you and your patience! I agree, babies come when they're ready. Enjoy these final moments with one in, and one out!