Friday, July 24, 2009

Unbelievable!

So the other night I was driving down our street and a saw a guy walking his turtle...no joke! And it was a big turtle...about 14 in diameter shell. I had to double take as I drove by. And then because turtles aren't the fastest creatures on the block, I got to see him again when I was driving home. It was pretty crazy.

While I'm talking about crazy things, Caleb bought us a new vacuum. But this is Caleb, so he didn't just buy us any vacuum, he bought us the "cleaning solution" (as described by Caleb). See photos below...





You actually wear it like a backpack. Anyhow, Caleb saw the cleaning staff using it in the dorm and saw the results it produced and decided it was a must have. There was no way to convince him out of it so I just gave in. The good news is is that it works really well. Miranda vacuumed our whole house and we only had to plug it into two different outlets (because the cord is 50 feet long). Apparently it will last for a really long time, so I guess we can just consider it a good investment. Besides, I would hate for life to get boring around here. ;-)

5 comments:

Mark @ MIT said...

Kendra, you should totally get a picture of the guy walking his turtle...I would pay money for that! Great pictures. Hope you're well,

Mark

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh at the vacuum! I am cracking up! The cord is 50 FT LONG?! So funny!!

Your house is pretty, by the way.

Ben & Hannah said...

Back-pack vac! My friend Richard got one of those for his wife's birthday (objectively cool, but bad choice).

Your place looks great. I like the paneled ceilings and natural light (and raccoon neighbors).

Jeanette said...

That vacuum cleaner looks like something out of a movie, "The Rocketeer" comes to mind!! By the way, your furniture looks great in your new home -- you have great taste :-)

Levi said...

LOL. This made me laugh hard.