Monday, July 27, 2009

8 weeks

Today Peter went in for his 8 week check-up. He is doing great. He is 24 inches long (90th percentile). He has a 16.75 inch head circumference (95%). And he weighs 16lb 12oz (off the charts). I guess I kinda knew that when I started putting him in 3-6 month close at 6 weeks. Actually, Hannah only weighs about 28 lbs so he is over half her weight. I was alittle concerned that he weighs so stinkin much, but since I nurse him I can't be overfeeding him. Besides, I'm sure alot of that weight is in the large head. In other news, Peter has started to smile alot. All you have to do is talk to him (or at least that's all I have to do). He is also pretty alert and can see a couple feet out. All in all, he is a great baby; very chill and very cute and snuggly.

Yesterday we hung out with Josh, Celeste, & Kiefer. Kiefer is 9 days younger than Peter. Here's a picture of Caleb, Peter & Josh, Kiefer.


Here are the two cousins close up.

Sorry I don't have more pictures of Peter. But it's so true that the second child just doesn't get as many pictures as the first. With Hannah I took about 20 every day, and with Peter I hardly have any to post. I'll try to work on that.

Oh, here's a picture of Hannah measuring Peter.

Hannah is really good with Peter and always wants to cover him with a blanket or give him is paci if he is upset. She will also occasionally try to lift him up or take him out of his car seat. Besides that, she is great. She is going to be a really caring, protective, and slightly bossy older sister. :-D

Here's a pictures of Peter from a couple of days ago.


And here's a pictures of Hannah at about the same age.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

That kid weighs nearly 17 lbs?!!? Wow!

Jeanette said...

No need to go to the gym when you are carrying almost 17lbs around!! That's cute that Hannah is looking after her little brother.

MrsDandy said...

What wonderful pictures of the cousins. And I love that Hannah is measuring Peter!