Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Gorgeous Seattle

About 5 minutes ago the comcast guy left after successfully installing our internet. Yay!! I don't know how one can survive without internet...somehow we managed for over a week.

Anyhow, after less than a week of being in Seattle I was reminded of why I love the Pacific Northwest. The weather has been amazing. It has been in the 70's and 80's most days and the mountain has been clear. We've gone swimming in the lake most days. Hannah has become quite the dare-devil in the water. Pretty much every day we are at my parents she goes straight for her swimsuit and starts putting it on. She has adjusted very well to our new location and home. Peter is also doing well. Unfortuately I haven't taken many pictures of him lately, but this week I have shifted him into 3-6 month clothes because he is just that big! Once we get fully moved in (and we find our camera) I will post some more pictures of Peter, our new place, and our "new" furniture.

Anyhow, here are some scenery pictures that Caleb has taken.

Here's a picture of the mountain (aka Mt Rainier, for those of you not from Seattle). Mt. Rainier is over 14,000 feet tall and is called "the mountain" because it stands alone. As you can see, there are no mountains around it, and that's one of the reasons why it is so beautiful.


The mountain with Boeing in front



On the way home from the Hug family reunion, we drove over Chinook pass. This is a picture from our drive.



Seattle is close to two mountain ranges; the Olympics and the Cascades. One a good day you can see both. Here's Seattle with the Olympics behind.


Here's a picture of me and Peter from 3 weeks ago.


This is the cake that Caleb made me for my birthday. It was epic!


Here's Hannah looking all innocent...hoping we won't notice she has the ice cream.


Alright, so now that I have internet, I will *try* to make one blog post a day to update the few readers I have left with what we've been up to since we've been on this coast. Be prepared for some great pictures. :-D

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Aw, we miss Hannah. . . . Oh, and you guys, too. ;)

If this is the response I get when I write an email, I will write one every week! :D