Monday, March 17, 2008

Who Would Have Thought...

So, I went to my first Indoor Soccer game last night, and it was fun. What a great way to get exercise without thinking about it. :) I mean, after having a baby, you are always looking for ways to exercise and get (back) into shape.

It got me thinking of all the benefits of having a baby while Caleb is in grad school. Originally Caleb and I had planned to wait until he was done with grad school to have a baby. It makes sense, right...then we would have a house, more money, more room, a "real" life. But I really felt God was saying "trust me on this," and He has really proved Himself to me. There are so many benefits to living on campus with a baby. Sure, it's tight living, but there is always something to do. I love having the student center just a short walk away. Hannah and I will make trips there several times a week to mail a letter, visit the ATM, or get a roll of quarters for laundry. We will also walk at least once a week to visit Caleb at work. How many other wives (and daughters) can walk to their husbands work to visit and/or eat lunch together. We also have a huge fitness center that is a mere 2 minute walk away. It is SO convenient for Hannah's swim lessons. I can't imagine spending 15-20 to get to a 25 minute lesson (although I'm sure I will be doing that at some point in my mommy "career"). And how cool is it that I can play indoor soccer in the evenings. I had toyed with the idea when someone from our church was putting together a team, but they were playing 30-40 minutes away. How cool that I can walk to our games and that Caleb and Hannah can come and watch. It is also fun that there are play groups and play grounds right on campus. And there are 2 grocery stores and 2 libraries that we can walk to anytime. There is no way I could have ever imagined that having a baby in grad school would be so perfect. Who would have thought...God's timing really is perfect. :-D




2 comments:

Lauren said...

That's really neat! I hadn't thought of all that stuff, but living on campus really does have its perks.

Swannee said...

awesome! God really does know what he's doing, doesn't he?