Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Caleb

OK, so I know today is not Caleb's birthday, but if I were to actually post an entry on his birthday, I wouldn't be able to tell you about all the fun we had.

Caleb's birthday was on Thursday, and we happened to be on study break for our floor so I made a bunch of Caleb's favorite desserts. The highlight was a carrot cake with buttermilk glaze and cinnamon-cream cheese frosting.

We are still enjoying this tasty dessert.

On Friday night our friends Jen and Sebastian came over to watch Hannah so Caleb and I could go out on a date! (I know, really exciting). Caleb wanted to eat authentic Chinese food, so he went online and found this place called the Taiwan Cafe. The food was very tasty. Caleb decided to order "pork meatballs with vegetables in a clay pot." When Caleb ordered the waitress gave him a weird look and warned him it was big, so we thought "great we're hungry". So the clay pot had about a 12 inch diameter and about 6 inches deep...it was huge!! We ate about half of it before we were both full.

Here's a picture of the gigantic meatball!


After that we went to a Starbucks to get some drinks (we thought of you, Kim) and then we saw the movie Juno. We came home and Hannah was sleeping like an angel.





1 comment:

Swannee said...

Yummy! Your date sounds fun. I always admire people who try new foods and order new things. I tend to stick with my favorite restaurants (now that I've established what I like) and I order something I know is tried and true. Boring!! I feel inspired to branch out now.