Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Hug Family Bird

Ever since we've moved in, there has been a nest in the tree right by our house. I always just assumed that it was abandoned because I never saw any activity there. Well, about 2 months ago I noticed some freshly placed twigs. I didn't think much of it until Rachel told me about the eggs. Yeah, eggs. There is a Robin that has made a nest and it has 4 blue eggs. How cool is that! Well, it's really cool until you forget about the bird and then it flies right by your head when you walk up to the front door. But I guess that's just the price you pay to have baby birds. So I've adopted the bird as "our" Hug family bird. Today Hannah picked some berries and left them below the nest for the bird to eat. Anyhow, here are some pictures.

Here's a picture I took of the bird through the window.


These are the eggs.


Here's Hannah and Peter looking at the nest.

No comments: