Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gardening

It's that time of year again. A couple weeks ago I built my garden boxes. And then Hannah and I bought and unloaded some dirt (Hannah was using the trowel and I was using the big shovel). And now I'm starting to plant. I don't think anything could come close to the fruitfulness of my previous garden, but I'll give it a shot.

This is my first bed. Two weeks ago it was really gorgeous out so I kind of jumped the gun and planted some seeds. So in the three wet squares I have carrots, lettuce, and radishes. Then you will also see that the two middle-ish squares have broccoli starts, and then there are also some lettuce starts. When it gets warmer, I will add some snap peas, more carrot and radish seeds, and hopefully some spices.


This Square just has the broccoli so far. I plan to put 2 tomato plants in the back, and I haven't decided what to do with the other squares yet.


I wasn't planning to do anything with this front flower bed, but last Sunday it was really nice outside and it just felt like I should be outside gardening, so this is what I did. I wish I had taken a picture of it before I started because it was pretty ugly and overgrown. I'm not sure what the greenish plant in the front is, but I hope it'll bloom and look nice. Only time will tell.


And here are our watering cans. I saw the elephant at the store and just couldn't resist. I'm really trying to encourage Hannah to help. I know at this age her help is more like "help," but when she wants to help, I really want to encourage that. We'll see how it goes. It's always easier said than done.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I was just thinking of your square garden today!