Saturday, June 21, 2008

Garden Tour

So my Garden has totally blossomed. Let me give you a tour.

Here it is from the road. The first bed has zucchini's on the left, then broccoli, and carrots. In front are the merry golds, with peppers on either side, and then radishes on the far right.


Here's a radish and carrot I picked. The carrots still need alittle time to get bigger, but they are still super tasty.





These are our tomato plants. They are huge. Currently they are growing out the top of their cages (which are about 4 feet tall). I'm not quite sure what to do now to encourage them to grow up and not out. Any ideas out there for cage extensions?



Here are some of the tomatoes that we have growing.


More Tomato's. We will have a bountiful harvest of these.





Here are the Cabbage. You can see some lettuce at the top of the pictures. I just picked some of that, which is why they are alittle small



Here's a broccoli. I could probably harvest one of these soon.


Here's one of my zucchini plants. As you can see, we will be having quite a bit of zucchini very shortly!

Here is a banana pepper. Pretty cool, huh?


The only sad part is that my cilantro plant is going to seed...but used it for quite a while, and I guess now we will get to have some coriander. Besides the cilantro, we have also used tons of the parsley, radishes, and I've tasted the carrots and snap peas. It's been alot of fun gardening and I"m looking forward to tasting some other "fruits" from my labor. (lol)


And for those who might be interested, here are some pictures of what our garden looked like when we started:

The three plants on the left are the tomato plants, and there are two pepper plants on the right.


Here's Caleb planting the cabbages. Can you believe they started so small?

Here's my spice row: basil, rosemary, parsley, and cilantro. And you can also see one broccoli behind the cilantro.


Here you can see the broccoli on the right and the merry golds in front.


And there are the zucchini's in the center. They have really done well!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hey!

Wow!!! Your garden looks FANTASTIC. I am so impressed. I have started a small herb garden in pots. I love all your veggies!

Do you think you've saved a lot of money? Tell Caleb we said hi! Is the Bible study group still meeting?

Lauren said...

Your garden is awesome.