Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy 27 to ME!

Yup, yup, today is my birthday. However, in honor of Colleen, we decided to start the celebration on Saturday. (Since New Zealand is about 16 hours ahead of us, it was my birthday on Saturday as well, so we started celebrating right after Colleen called and reminded me that it was already my birthday). So on Saturday night Caleb and I went out to see the movie Get Smart, while Liz (Caleb's little sister who is visiting) watched Hannah. It's a really funny movie, and I suggest you all go see it.

Then on Sunday morning after church we went to the Bugaboo Steak House in Water Town. We got there 15 minutes after it opened and were the only people there for quite a while. It was like Caleb had rented the place out for me! The restaurant was pretty cool. They had all these animals (not real) up on the walls and strategically placed around the rooms, and every so often one of the animals would move (like a fish flapping its tail). Our favorite animal (or at least Hannah's favorite) was the talking Bison. Not long after we sat down we heard Bill the Buffalo start talking. Hannah loved it! She spent the rest of the meal pointing and talking at the buffalo. Luckily he spoke two other times while we were there. It was definitely one of the highlights of our day.

After lunch we all came home, ate some Angle food cake (which Liz so graciously made), and took an afternoon nap.



Then we went out to Castle Island (which is a completely bogus name because it is neither a castle, nor is it on an island, but anyhow...).



Our specific purpose was to dog watch, since Hannah loves dogs and gets really excited when we see them. But some side benefits were the beautiful weather and watching the para-surfers (I"m not sure if that's what you call them). Then we ended the day with some Mike's Pastry's and a Bee Movie at home.

All in all, I say it was a successful birthday...which I suppose is good, because you only have three n^n birthdays, and the first two you don't really remember, or know too much of what is going on.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes and cards!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday, Kendra! It looks like y'all had quite an eventful day! I'm glad it was a good one!

Christy said...

Hi Kendra!!

I was thinking about you last weekend! You have the same b-day as my dad, so it makes it easy to remember! Sounds like an awesome day! I enjoyed reading your blog!!