Monday, September 15, 2008

Fruits and Vegetables

Yum, food. We like food in this house. The other week we went berry picking with our friends Bethany and Carey and we had a great time. Caleb, of course, picked more berries than I did, but I maintain that I ate more than he did, thus we probably picked the same amount (if anything I picked more…not like we are competitive or anything :-D). Not to mention I had the Hannah factor working against me. Hannah quickly realized that it was much easier to just grab a handful of berries out of my bucket than it was to pick them herself. I only let this mistake happen a couple times before I started to move the bucket away from her when she would reach for it. However, she soon realized that I would allow her to put berries into the bucket. Thus she would pick a berry or two, put it in the bucket, and then grab a handful out. The difficulties I face with having a smart baby. :-D Alas

Well, here is our loot. I’m not sure on the exact numbers, but I know we picked 8+ pounds of blueberries. The crazy thing is that it took us less than 2 weeks to eat them all. I think I’m the big culprit here; putting a handful on my cereal every morning, eating a handful every time I open the frig, etc. They are soooo tasty. The peaches and raspberries were also good.






In our garden things are going OK. Here’s a one of our hot peppers (that actually didn’t turn out to be hot, but it was still tasty, and looks really professionally grown!)


Here are some of our carrots.



I picked some really good looking ones the other week, but forgot to take a picture of them. You will just have to trust me that they, also, looked quite professionally grown (and were super tasty).

Also on the garden front, I made some tasty tomato soup from a bunch of our tomatoes. And here is plate of onions, tomatoes, and pepper that I still have yet to use. Also my broccoli and zucchini plants are still producing. Yay for fresh veggies!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I say Yay! for veggies too. What fun. I love zucchini, it just keeps coming. HOpe all is well with you.

Swannee said...

I'm very impressed with your pepper. I love pictures of home-grown veggies--thanks for brightening my day!

Julie said...

The fruit looks amazing!!