Friday, August 29, 2008

back in business

Sorry for such a dry spell of posts. So much has happened. The biggest news is that I started my job 2 weeks ago and it is going well. I am babysitting Iris, a 3 month old baby, 4 days a week. The first week I only did it two days, last week and next week are 3 days, and then I start the regular 4 day work week. It has been a rather interesting job. Hannah, for the most part, has adapted pretty well...however, she always wants something while I"m feeding Iris. This, of course, is the only time when I can't get her things. For the most part, Hannah is gentle. I have also started calling her, "mommy's little helper." I ask her to help me with things like finding Iris's paci, or holding the lid to the bottle. She responds to this very well. She even helps me change Iris's diaper...this consists or her running down the hall in front of me and pointing to the changing table. I find that if I involve Hannah in whatever it is I need to do for Iris, she is very cooperative.

Iris (and her parents Dawn & Matt) live in a nice neighborhood. There are tons of parks in the area. We have walked to 5 different parks, 3 of which have some sort of water shooting device that allows Hannah and I to cool off (Iris isn't a huge fan of the water...yet). Dawn and Matt also have a fenced in backyard, which we have played in (both Iris and Hannah like to be outside).

The only thing that is challenging is that if one baby cries, the other decides to cry as well. I'm not quite sure what the deal is there, but it can be alittle stressful at times...two babies crying, one upset, and the other just cry for the heck of it or something.

All in all, I think it's a good fit. There are several reasons why I think God placed this job in my path. And when things get tough, it's a comfort to know this is part of God's plan for my year. He knows I can handle it, and that it will help build my character...and Hannah's.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Blessings, Kendrall. I'm sure it is a challenge adjusting to this new season, but I know you will be blessed and finds lots of gems from the Lord along the pathway. I will pray for lots of grace for you with the double crying babies as well, I know what that's like ;)