Monday, August 18, 2008

5 years

Saturday August 16 was our big 5 year anniversary. Can you believe it's been that long? Time flies!!

To celebrate such a monstrous occasion, we decided to lay low (since we just had 2 weeks of action packed fun on the West Coast...more to come soon!). The big event of the day was our tasty dinner. We made these supper yummy crepes (inspired by our Bon Appetit magazine). Our first filling for the crepes was shrimp in a yummy sauce. The sauce included bourbon, which we got to burn off. That was pretty cool. We also had sausage and several kinds of cheese. Then for dessert we had several different kinds of berries and chocolate sauce. All in all, it was dang good...and not as difficult as I thought it would be.

Anyhow, every once and a while I get to thinking (where do I find the time to do that?). Recently I"ve been thinking about how awesome marriage is. It's great to be with someone you know you can trust, and you know will be around forever. It just makes life so much more relaxing and fun. And it's awesome to think about how marriage gets better every year...like good wine. I know Caleb so much better than I did 5 years ago; I know when he's joking and when to take him seriously, I know tons of little things that will make his day, I know I can count on him all the time, and the list goes on. It's also great to think about how in 5 more years I will love him even more than I love him today. How awesome is that? Yeah, the challenges will be greater, but our little Hug family unit will be stronger too. I just praise God all the time for placing Caleb in my path, and for bringing us together. What a great God!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hooray, I say, Yeah for Marriage!