Friday, December 11, 2009

Can I hear an Amen!

This last Sunday I helped out with the 2 year old child care, so I downloaded the sermon. I was in the kitchen making dinner with Peter and Hannah was playing with Legos in the living room, so I started listening to it. And when the pastor said, "Can I hear an amen?" Low and behold, I heard an amen ring out from my living room. And sure enough when he said it again, Hannah again shouted out amen. Who knew she could say amen? It's not a very hard word, but she doesn't say it after we pray for our food, or after we pray before bedtime, so I just never knew.

It makes me wonder how much she understands. I know she understands everything I say and all the conversation that goes on in our house, but I guess it just never occurred to me that she understands the sermons that I listen too, or the lyrics of the music I listen to. Huh...good thing I listen to good stuff!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That is so funny. I remember the first time we realized Joe was understanding WAY more than we knew. He never talked so we didnt know. Isn't it fun to have kids?