Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Peter Isaiah Hug

Our son was finally born on Sunday, May 31st! He was in no hurry to come out. I think he may have been concerned he wouldn't fit. He's rather large, weighing in at 10 lbs 11 oz, and measuring 23.5 inches long with a head circumference of 39 cm!

Here he is:















Here's Caleb lifting Hannah to get a glimpse of Peter through the nursery windows. Hannah didn't really know what to think of him...but she could tell something was going to be different. Caleb said he has never seen her focus on something for such a long time.



Here's a cute picture of Caleb, Hannah and Peter shortly after he was born.



I will post more pictures soon, so stay tuned!

12 comments:

Swannee said...

he is so beautiful--especially for a newborn. Must have been those "extra" 2 weeks, right? Congratulations!

kateisfun said...

He's gorgeous!! Congratulations, Kendra! He's so expressive, and looks very peaceful. Enjoy!

Lauren said...

He's a good looking boy! Hope you are resting well.

Mark said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear he finally made it out. He's a good looking kid.

Ben & Hannah said...

What a good looking fellow. He looks very alert and sweet! I see some Helsel in photo #3 for sure.

Elizabeth said...

Kendra - you sure birthed a beautiful boy! I hope you are doing okay, I have winced alot when thinking about your labor.;) I am praying for a quick and grace filled recovery!

James Zimbardi said...

Very Cool!!! Congrats! Love the pics. God bless you guys and Peter. He is a big boy!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful, perfect baby boy! He doesn't look that chubby, I guess because he is so long! Congratulations!!
Maya (mom to mom)

Christy said...

Congratulations, Kendra! He is so cute! Both of you guys look great, considering all you two have been through! Are you out of the hospital? I hope the recovery goes quickly! Just think - you have an excuse not to lift all those heavy moving boxes for awhile!

Melissa K said...

I like the ones where he is smiling! I can't wait to meet him on Sunday!!!

Dana said...

Congratulations Kendra! What an adorable baby boy! :)

Lauren said...

The more I look at these pictures, the more I think he looks like Kendra.