Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Garden

As I've mentioned earlier, Caleb and I have managed to secure a garden plot for this year. It's a plot that is 8 x 18 feet and is about a minute walk from our place. Here's what our plot looked like when we first got it.


Complete disaster, I know. So I went out one day and threw away all the trash and racked up all the leaves.

These past couple of day's I've really got the grove on. On Friday I went to Home Depot and bought some wood to frame our beds. Friday night Caleb and I framed our beds. We have three beds that are 4ft x 8ft, and one bed by the fence that is 2ft x 8ft for beans and corn. On Saturday, Caleb went back to home depot and bought us some starters and some peat moss. Below is a pictures of Caleb helping me even out the dirt.

While Caleb was at home depot, he thought we should make a little green house. So below you can see the beginings of our green house; in it are tomato plants on the left and bell pepper plants on the right.




Here is our plot as we left it yesterday.



Today I went out and planted some of our seeds. I planted carrots, raddishes, more lettuce, and cucumbers. I also fixed up the front bed and the back 1/2 bed.


Below is a picture I took of Caleb putting in our cabbage.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh this is very exciting, Kendra! I am inspired by your garden. It is very lovely. I think mine will be smaller. We will see how it goes. I might have to come to Boston to eat of your bounty this summer ;)