Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Curtain Issue

Hannah is a pretty smart little girl. The only problem with having a smart baby is that you always have to stay one (or two) steps ahead. Luckily both Caleb and I are pretty smart people, so we don't have a problem with this, but it is still pretty exhausting. Anyhow, a while back we put up a curtain so that Hannah couldn't see all the fun we were having out here after we put her down to bed. But as you can imagine, she figured out where the fun was at and wanted to join. Consequently I had to tape the curtain to the wall. The first time I didn't do that great of a job.


As you can see two pieces of tape weren't nearly enough...so I used more. But then Hannah realized she could peek out of the other side of the curtain.


With no wall there, the normal person might be in a jam...not me. I figured I could shut the curtain edge in the drawers. And as a safe guard, we put up another curtain. Luckily if I tuck the curtain into three separate draws, she only has the power (or will) to get it out of two drawers. When this happens she can only manage to get one hand through.



However, if I forget to tuck the curtain in, this is what happens.


Yep, it's the two curtain pull. Talk about skill, creativity, and determination. Hopefully, with God's grace and guidance, I can continue to one up her in all three of these areas. :-D

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pictures of Hannah peeking through the curtain are hilarious!
Her curiosity is amazing.

Elizabeth said...

That is awesome Kendra. Aren't kids such a hoot?

Kendra said...

Yeah, she never fails to amaze me. The stuff she does...who knows where these ideas come from. The only thing I can think of is that she must have some pretty smart parents. :-D