Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Miriam Joan Hug

Yay, she arrived...and she was only 6 days late! What a blessing. Actually, the whole delivery was blessed. I feel like I had several prayers that were answered.

1) She arrived healthy (and I'm healthy too)
2) I didn't have to have a C-section
3) She wasn't 14 days late.
4) She wasn't as big as Peter
5) I only had to push for 24 minutes (although it seemed longer)
6) Labor was only 7.5 hours long
7) She wasn't born on Valentine's Day (OK, this isn't really that big of a deal, but I feel like God just threw that one in to make me feel special, considering contractions started at 1am on Feb 15)


Anyhow, here are her stats:
Born Feb 15, 2011 at 8:24am
10 pounds, 1 ounce
22 inches long
15 inch head diameter

And here are some pictures. She's super cute, in my unbiased opinion. :-P








Peter was really cute with Miriam. He kept giving her kisses and hugs...and as seen above, doing other sorts of affectionate actions. :-D









Here are some pictures Caleb put together. It's the same link he has on facebook.


11 comments:

Tina said...

She certainly is super cute - as are the other little Hugs in the pics.

Anonymous said...

Kendra and Caleb, huge congratulations!!!! She is beautiful! And wow! you're posting photos the very next day! :)
Congrats and speedy recovery!
Kelsey

Lauren said...

Love that first picture of the kids with your mom!

Elizabeth said...

SO SO SO CUTE! We can't wait to meet her! Also I am so thankful for answered prayers as well. I was really hope this would be your fastest labor and that there would be no C-section. Yay God!

Unknown said...

MANY HAPPY CONGRATS, YOU GUYS!! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL....AS PER USUAL!!

Unknown said...

eCongratulations to y'all. Miriam is just too cute! Glad all went well. Nice you have grandma with you. Sending love.

여상주 said...

Hi Kendra and Caleb!

Congrats!!! She's a cutie for sure~! :)

Sharon said...

She's beautiful. :D Congratulations to you guys!

jenleslie said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family! I'm glad she wasn't as big as Peter or as late as either of them right? Yay! And no need to worry about moving to the other side of the country right afterwards :) Hannah is looking so grown up now!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Hugs! Good work Kendra! Can't wait to meet the new mini-cousin :)
Polly and Eugene

David King said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures and the moment with us. We could not be more pleased for you and Caleb. You are fine parents and I hope your house has seven foot high doorways. Dave.